FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this a bad set-up for home studio??

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody Walters
Is this a bad set-up for home studio??
on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:35:04 pm

Currently I'm working with an iMac and a Western Digital 1TB drive as my scratch drive. I've filled my drive 90% and it's time to get another drive. Instead of continuing to purchase these drives, keeping them on the selves, having to spin the drives each month, and know that in a few years they may not work at all...I would like to have a RAID to dump all my stuff that I am done working on and have that protected.

I'm considering purchasing the WD Sharespace 4 TB and set that at RAID 5. I would be good for the next 2-3 years based on the amount of work I do. However, I don't know if it is an issue batch capturing media via a network...I have a feeling it would be painfully slow...

The other option I'm considering is purchasing a WD 2TB RAID 1 capable drive. I would use my existing 1TB non-raid to do my editing work and transfer over all my important files to the RAID enabled drive. The problem I see with this is having many 2TB RAID 1 drives in the future.

So I'm curious what others have done for their home studio. I use about 1 TB in a given year and I would like to store all my master videos to some type of RAID.

Cody

Return to posts index

Kyle Lodge
Re: Is this a bad set-up for home studio??
on Mar 5, 2011 at 12:50:00 am

Hey Cody,

I was browsing this forum and saw your post. Contact me privately @714-600-3050 and I can definitely get you pointed in the right direction. Getting the correct RAID can make or break your "back up Solution".

Cheers,

Kyle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]