FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choosing an Appropriate RAID

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jas Burns
Choosing an Appropriate RAID
on Feb 2, 2011 at 4:04:36 pm

Hi

I need to buy some data storage very soon.

I have about 100 Mini DV with HDV footage tapes that I want to capture into ProRes.

Some of this is multi-camera and therefore I will need up to 6 streams running at the same time in my multicam sequence.

My calculations are that this is around 6.3TB of data, although some of the tapes are not full. How much extra might I need for rendered files etc? Should I require additional storage how can I inexpensively expand the solution?

As well as the live footage I will need some backup storage. I expect to be able to a back up overnight.

My budget is around £2,000 excluding VAT.

The solution should be readily available in the United Kingdom from a supplier who will offer support.

Would anyone care to provide me with appropriate advice, products, suppliers, and experiences that might guide me?

Many thanks!

J

Return to posts index

Kyle Lodge
Re: Choosing an Appropriate RAID
on Feb 2, 2011 at 6:24:13 pm

Hey J,

Contact me privately at kylehb56@yahoo.com I can definitely show you some solutions that will fit your budget.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Kyle Lodge

Return to posts index

Jas Burns
on Feb 2, 2011 at 9:20:08 pm

Kyle

Thanks! I sent you a message.

Would anyone else care to weigh in?

I need this solution pretty soon - like Monday...

:-j

Return to posts index

Jon Schilling
on Feb 3, 2011 at 6:12:40 pm

Hey Jas,

Aside from Kyle's suggestion, You mentioned being in the UK & wanting to purchase product, these guys can help: http://www.channeldynamics.net/ I know they've got a wide variety of storage choices & a large network of dealers.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jas Burns
on Feb 3, 2011 at 8:11:44 pm

Thanks John :)

Sadly, three of the UK businesses I contacted this Monday have yet to respond. I suspect everyone is in the cellar worrying about this recession that's hitting UK businesses ;)

I'll try your suggestion in the morning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]