FORUMS: list search recent posts

G-speed es How does the restore process go after windows 7 goes belly up ?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Moseley
G-speed es How does the restore process go after windows 7 goes belly up ?
on Aug 2, 2016 at 2:19:32 am

Hello guy's

I have 4 of the G-speed es RAIDs installed on my PC via a RAID card. Everything is running smooth "at the moment" (knock on aluminum) but true to form I tend to have a PC failure about every 5 years or so. I've been rocking along with these back-up RAID drives for 3 years now and I'm starting to wonder if all will go according to plan if and when a catastrophe strikes. Please check my understanding.

I have everything backed up by Windows 7 Backup Utility to a 16TB RAID (2.5 TB family pic's & video's) (1 TB email & Documents) (5 TB 1080p movies).

Lets say, one day my PC will not boot properly and for grins & giggles let say the OS gets corrupted/fails and is fried.

Now......... I reinstall Windows 7 ....... then reinstall the RAID card drivers??? (and then I logon to local host port) I will see my RAID drives ??? With all my good information??? Or will I need to reinitialize the G-speed drives first???
(this is where my understanding gets murky)

Thanks for your advice .....................(Please go lite on the Windows/Mac bashing) (-;
Rmose

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: G-speed es How does the restore process go after windows 7 goes belly up ?
on Aug 2, 2016 at 12:37:38 pm

your RAID array, from any manufacturer has nothing to do with your PC. The RAID information is held on the drives of the array. You can simply take another PC, load the G-Tech driver for the card (either Highpoint or ATTO), and your RAID array will appear. All your data is still there. You just make sure you load the correct driver for the corresponding card that is being used as your disk drive host adaptor for the G-Tech.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]