FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATTO R380 problem and alternatives?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivan zbiral
ATTO R380 problem and alternatives?
on Apr 8, 2016 at 9:50:26 am

Hello !

I have been using ATTO R380 in RAID 5 configuration connected to a 4 bay external enclosure. This set up has been running flawless for almost 7 years. I am cinematographer / editor, mostly one man operation working in Mac Os X with Adobe CC2015. Due to Adobe requiring OsX update I had to upgrade my system to El Capitan. Unfortunately, ATTO R380 doesnt have a support- driver for El Capitan. I have been using their old driver for (10.8.5 Maverics), which appears to be working. However, lately I experience following problem. When I edit in Premiere the footage suddenly stops playing, scrubing etc. This applies to edit, source, bin, timeline preview. When I go to finder and click the RAID, all folders are not there and finder does beach ball. When this happens I am able to save in premiere, close windows etc.
I suspect the driver of ATTO is doing this. I would be happy to use the system as it is adequate for my needs, however it looks like I would need to upgrade to ATTO R680, which is quite expensive. Is there a any worry free alternative, maybe not so expensive? (According to my research, not). Do you think it is actually the driver causing the problem? Or maybe some diagnostic tool to run? Thanx for any reply

ivan zbiral
cyberucho@volny.cz

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: ATTO R380 problem and alternatives?
on Apr 8, 2016 at 4:59:26 pm

there is no more driver support for the R380. You must purchase an R680.
If you switch to an alternate card, the RAID formatting will be different and you will not see your media any longer. You will have to re raid the drives.

There is no work around. The way the computer business works, you are doomed to spend money for the rest of your life. The R680 card will one day be obsolete, as is every single piece of hardware that is produced. That is the world we live in.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Hans Lameijer
on Apr 29, 2016 at 11:15:52 am

Hi Ivan

please have a look at this link http://dimig.ga/2015/10/16/atto-celerity-setup/, it helped me loading the ATTO FC41ES drivers in 10.10. according to some, this would no longer be possible. For OSX 10.10 you have to disable the kext signing security setting by going in to the terminal and write:
sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1
To reenable again use:
sudo nvram -d boot-args

Cheers

H

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Jul 8, 2016 at 12:52:09 pm

Hi

the R380 is no longer supported. The lates software update is years ago. So with el captain you should use a new controller card,

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]