FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thunderbolt Xsan RAID solution to replace Fiber RAID

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Frank
Thunderbolt Xsan RAID solution to replace Fiber RAID
on Jan 24, 2016 at 5:58:42 pm

Hello,

at the moment we are in the middle of a lifecycle and wanting to replace our Mac Pro with fiber and Promise VTrak Raids.
Moving over to the Mac Pros we are looking for something to replace the RAIDS to use the bandwidth of the Thunderbolt.

I found so far:
h3platform.com
lumaforge.com
qnap.com

What are your experience and suggestions?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Thunderbolt Xsan RAID solution to replace Fiber RAID
on Jan 24, 2016 at 9:59:32 pm

I am always amazed to see posters, comment on new products (in your case h3platform), that no one has ever discussed or metioned. Where on earth did you hear of h3platform.

LumaForge is excellent
QNAP is wonderful (I use these all the time now - the EC1680 is amazing).
and of course EVERYONE ELSE that makes 10G systems (everyone else is everyone you see here on Creative Cow) makes wonderful systems that will obsolete your old XSAN/Promise system. You can find every one of these companies right here on Creative Cow.

If you are comfortable with XSAN, and want to continue with it, the Accusys will use this server with their system, and you can connect Thunderbolt directly (up to 3 users).

Yes, 10G does the speed of Thunderbolt. And everyone sells it, including all the companies that you mentioned.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Crystal Ho
Re: Thunderbolt Xsan RAID solution to replace Fiber RAID
on Jan 27, 2016 at 3:42:34 am

Hello Thomas,

In fact, h3 platform solution you mentioned here is just exactly the solution Accusys provided.
They used to sell Accusys storage solution but discontinued.
If you are looking for a thunderbolt network solution to replace your existing Fibre solution with more economical budget, you could drop an email to me at crystal_ho@accusys.com.tw for further information

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]