FORUMS: list search recent posts

SAN for video editing

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Chute
SAN for video editing
on Jan 14, 2016 at 11:06:18 am

Just new here but have been an avid reader for years. I need some advise on choosing a san. I have seen the SNS PRODIGY EVO, The PROMAX studio portable and the QNAP TVS-871T thunderbolt raid.

I am clear on the functions of the first two but am unclear on the Qnap as to whether it can function as a real SAN for three computers 2 x mac and 1 x pc. The connection via thunderbolt and 10Gbe is compelling but I need someone to spell it out for me - please.

Obviously the QNAP is the most affordable and the SNS next without drives (what is the largest and fastest HDD I can load into its 4 bays)

Any help is much appreciated.

We will be editing 1080p DSLR, proresHQ, and RED 4k and at times will have two machines accessing and editing the same files.

Any Help is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jon Schilling
Re: SAN for video editing
on Jan 15, 2016 at 4:39:39 pm

QNAP boxes are known to be "low end" you get what you pay for.
As to SNS & what drives to use, you should contact SNS directly. The same can be said for QNAP & their boxes functionality.

Storage sold unpopulated? I'd not recommend. You're asking for trouble, quality manufactures will always & only sell populated product that's been tested thoroughly.

No comment on Promax....

Jon Schilling
Sales and Marketing

GB Labs
23890 Copper Hill Drive -Suite 103
Valencia, CA 91355 - USA
e-Mail: Jon@GBLabs.com
Mobile: +1 661-495-8641
http://www.gblabs.com

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
on Jan 15, 2016 at 7:11:51 pm

Jason,

Give me a call and we can talk about your needs and exactly what could work for you. It really depends on certain things on which one to go with. But i have some questions, if you can give me a call.

Bryce Arroyo
Maxx Digital
714-374-4944

Return to posts index

Jon Schilling
on Jan 15, 2016 at 9:09:22 pm

Bryce.

Pretty sure he's trying to get an answer here on this forum...

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]