FORUMS: list search recent posts

Highpoint RocketRaid 4522 with El Capitan

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce McCallum
Highpoint RocketRaid 4522 with El Capitan
on Nov 14, 2015 at 5:10:21 pm

I have been using the HighPoint RR4322 controller card for 3 years until Yosemite was released, at which point it ceased to work. I upgraded to the 4522 card as it was allegedly compatible with Yosemite but it caused FCPX to freeze, the entire computer to freeze requiring a hard shutdown and sometimes the RAID itself to spontaneously to eject. I tried Highpoint support which was frustrating and eventually gave up as I was busy and had to complete projects - I was able to continue with the 4322 card in Mavericks and all was well.

Now that I have more time and El Cap and newer versions of FCPX have been released I'm trying again, but the card continues to cause the same problems as before. I have updated the card's firmware to the latest version without a change in behaviour and am back in contact with HighPoint support. Their main solution now is that the old 3Gb/s drives I have in the RAID enclosure are not compatible with the 6Gb/s 4522. I'm not convinced and don't want to spend money unnecessarily so I'm in a bit of a situation.

Both the 4322 and the 4522 cards work fine with Mavericks and the 3Gb/s drives, so I'm seriously doubting that the slower drives are causing such extreme problems. I can understand that they may be slower and less efficient, but causing software and system freezes with the occasional spontaneous RAID ejection doesn't seem drive related to me.

I may be wrong of course, hence the post - has anybody out there had any experience with the 4522 and El Capitan? Does anyone have a suggestion that might help me out?

I'm using an early 2009 Mac Pro 2 x 2.26GHz, 20 GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB Graphics

Thanks...

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Highpoint RocketRaid 4522 with El Capitan
on Nov 16, 2015 at 9:08:33 pm

happy to help -
how do I contact you ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

David Chai
Re: Highpoint RocketRaid 4522 with El Capitan
on Jan 24, 2016 at 6:07:06 pm

Had a 2522 that was freezing like you said in Yosemite. Firmware update solved the issue.

------------------------
David Chai - Writer . Director
http://www.davidchai.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]