FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to change Raid mode on RocketRaid 4322

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vicente Perez
Unable to change Raid mode on RocketRaid 4322
on Sep 29, 2015 at 4:45:25 am

Hi! I have a RocketRaid 4322 (not my choice, it came with the system) and I am unable to access the settings through HighPoint's WebGUI. I know I have been able to do it in the past, but it no longer seems to work.

The raid is running great, though. It mounts right away, but I wanted to change it from 5 to 0. Unfortunately, I am stuck, since I cannot access the settings.

I contacted HighPoint, but they said that the product has been discontinued and I am on my own.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to change the raid level without the WebGUI? Perhaps I have to find a legacy version of the WebGUI?

Running OSX 10.10.5 on a 2009 Mac Pro.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Unable to change Raid mode on RocketRaid 4322
on Sep 30, 2015 at 4:01:21 pm

to change any raid from one level to another, you have to blow away all the media, and start from scratch (delete the raid group).
So are you saying that you have deleted the raid 5 group, and you are starting from scratch, and raid 0 is not a choice in your GUI ?

You do realize that if you lose one drive in a RAID 0 group, you lose all your data - correct ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Vicente Perez
on Sep 30, 2015 at 6:39:07 pm

Thank you for your response. Yes, I know that I have to lose all the data to change levels. I have already backed it up. The issue is that, although the raid mounts and I can see if I go to disc utility, it does not show up through HighPoint's GUI. It is not that it does not give me the option to change leves, it is that I don't see the raid at all. I have asked HighPoint, but they say that the RR4322 is discontinued and no longer supported.

I assume that I can reinitialize the raid from disc utility, but that won't help with changing the level. I have to change to 0 in order to use the full capacity of the drives, and I no longer need redundancy.

Hope this clarifies. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 1, 2015 at 1:32:46 pm

if you email me, I would be more than happy to take a look at this for you for free.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Vicente Perez
on Oct 6, 2015 at 7:34:25 pm

So, in case this helps anybody further down the road (I don't have access to a PC, so not much I can do), from HighPoint:

RR4322 has no SW support for OS X 10.10 or later.

If you need to use the RAID management, you may try to use the out-of-band RAID management through the Ethernet port of RR4322. You may need to setup a IP address in the RR4322's FW under a PC system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]