FORUMS: list search recent posts

Oct 6th free Webinar: THE SECRET SCIENCE OF VIDEO STORAGE IN A 4K WORLD

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss
Oct 6th free Webinar: THE SECRET SCIENCE OF VIDEO STORAGE IN A 4K WORLD
on Sep 24, 2015 at 5:40:18 am
Last Edited By David Roth Weiss on Sep 24, 2015 at 5:43:37 am

There is a very common theme I've noticed that keeps repeating over and over again here on the Cow - many here are investing in new computers, hoping their investment will solve ALL of their video performance issues, including seamless 4K editing, only to realize they'd neglected to fully understand and appreciate the importance of investing in a big beefy 8-drive RAID. Folks, I hate to break it to you, but the RAID may well be much more important to your seamless video playback and performance than that new computer on which you're hanging your hopes.

There's also a lot of misconception and misinformation about the value of SSDs for video playback as well - I see many posts here on the Cow from users wondering why their expensive new SSD hard drives are not delivering the advertised throughput they'd counted on to solve their video performance issues.
The fact is, while a single SSD drive may appear to generate blazing throughput that should be able to handle the task of seamless 4K playback, the fact is, many SSD drives use hidden data compression schemes and other tricks to move data files faster, which simply does not generate the sustainable throughput required for 4K video playback without dropping frames.

On Tuesday, Oct. 6th, I'll be presenting a free Webinar on this very subject for Moviola Digital, called THE SECRET SCIENCE OF VIDEO STORAGE IN A 4K WORLD. And, with the support of Iron Post Digital and G-Tech, I'll be offering some awesome discounts for all of my friends here on Creative Cow.

If you contact me offline at drw@drwfilms dot com, I'll send any of you an invitation to the Webinar. I hope to hear from all of you, and I hope you all join me for the webinar.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]