FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newertech Maxpower PCIe Mini-SAS 6Gb/s RAID Controller

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Dalton
Newertech Maxpower PCIe Mini-SAS 6Gb/s RAID Controller
on Sep 8, 2015 at 9:08:08 am

Hi,

I wondered if anyone's had any recent expoerience with these cards in a 2009 Mac Pro running 10.10 and hooked up to a ProAvio raid enclosure (or similar). As much as the Attotech R680's would be nice, my very small one-man band would like the cheaper option - but only if it works! I've seen an old post where a user had playback issues that were only resolved by changing from RAID 5 to RAID 0 when using the Newertech card and I'm hoping that it was a one-off issue or they've imporved over the years.

Many thanks in advance,

Todd.

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
Re: Newertech Maxpower PCIe Mini-SAS 6Gb/s RAID Controller
on Sep 8, 2015 at 5:14:57 pm

Todd,

Give me a call and we can talk. Now do you want something that works better than that sas? or just the card? Hope I can help.

Bryce Arroyo
Maxx Digital
714-374-4944

Return to posts index

Max Trautner
Re: Newertech Maxpower PCIe Mini-SAS 6Gb/s RAID Controller
on Oct 23, 2015 at 8:31:36 pm

It's still running well in our 2009 Mac Pro on Yosemite, but in RAID 0. I haven't tried putting it back in RAID 5.

It has, in a way, worked out well for us though because we were forced into "RAID is not a backup."

So, we have all of the speed of RAID 0 on mini-sas and a completely separate (albeit slow) nightly back-up solution over an eSATA connection. The savings of using the NewerTech over an ATTO or Areca helped pay for most of it too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]