I'm brand new to the forums so please forgive me if I've misfiled this or done anything incorrect. I was curious what you guys would think of my current computer set up and if you thought I should change anything, thank you.
The Mac has 4 internal 7200 HDD's each 500GB.
I've done a RAID 0 on 3 of the 4 drives.
The remaining drive only hosts my OS and applications and the occasional desktop item drop.
The 3 drives that were put into RAID 0 host all of my video & project files. This includes all of my raw video files, captured video & audio, video & audio previews, autosaves, file saves, and cache.
Here is some of my thoughts:
- I have a 1TB external USB drive that I'm thinking of using as a time machine backup because of the RAID 0, but the Mac only has USB 2.0.
- If I do the time machine back up I'm thinking it would only be for the RAID drive.
- Should I move the cache to the OS drive
- Would a FireWire to USB connecter work to increase my external drive to speeds faster than USB 2.0
- With FireWire 800 would an external drive be faster than an internal drive
I have three 1TB USB 3.0 external hard drives and one 100GB USB 2.0 drive.