FORUMS: list search recent posts

External video card for MacBook Pro?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Locke
External video card for MacBook Pro?
on Mar 19, 2015 at 3:34:51 am

So is there a T-bolt2 PCIe expansion chassis I can attach an Nvidea graphics card (Quadro K4000?) to (Macbook Pro 2.8GHz 2014, Nvidia 750 onboard) for GPU power-hungry programs like Resolve/10-bit support? How can I maximize the thru-put of T2 for GPU leverage?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: External video card for MacBook Pro?
on Mar 19, 2015 at 4:38:03 am

mLink makes a nice T-bolt expansion chassis that's also more cost-effective than most.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
on Mar 21, 2015 at 6:09:13 pm

Apologies again for the slower response to you than yours. There seems to be some debate over GPU/T-bolt interface (other post). Do you know anyone who's doing it now, hacked or otherwise? And thank you David, a veteran pro who finds time for this wishing...

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Mar 19, 2015 at 2:34:27 pm

No GPU over Thunderbolt supported.

I believe there are some hacks.

S

Return to posts index

Michael Locke
on Mar 21, 2015 at 6:02:02 pm

Sorry for the slow response. Grrr. I wondered if that was pushing the interface. Not one who fully understands the mechanism of why/why not, the practicality of "Is it made to work?""No" is close enough. I assume hacks might be of the tonymacx86 (or other)-type? I'll keep searching: I can't be the only one who wants to do this. Thanks for the heads up...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]