FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connecting my camera to capture Lacie ejects with the not properly ejected message.

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Faro
Connecting my camera to capture Lacie ejects with the not properly ejected message.
on Mar 4, 2015 at 11:31:45 pm

Hello

Hardware:
Imac 3,4 Intel Core i7
24 GB Ram
Graid 4TB
LACIE 2BIG 2TB

Camera: Sony pd100

Setup:
I have one of Imac's thunderbolt ports connected to another computer monitor and the other thunderbolt port connected to the Graid. From the other thunderbolt port on the Graid i have the lacie coneccted (firewire 800 using the apple thunderbolt firewire adapter) and i connect the camera to the lacie through the firewire 400 port.

Sometimes it seems to work perfectly fine. But most of the times when i turn the camera on the lacie ejects itself and i get the disk not ejected properly message. If i turn the camera off the lacie appears once again and then i turn the camera off it ejects again.
I've tried a different number of ways, for instance. shut everything down, Turn firs the mac on than the camera than the hard drive or changing the order of this elements, tried connect the camera to the lacie (with the camera on), etc. Sometimes one method works and i can get the camera connected and the disk not ejected and i can start importing footage, some other times i do exactly the same thing and it doesn't work.

Can anybody help me. I lose about 2 hours every day just to try to get the turn the system on!
Please help me out

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Connecting my camera to capture Lacie ejects with the not properly ejected message.
on Mar 5, 2015 at 10:57:39 am

Hi Miguel,

you just can't chain thunderbolt endlessly with different connections just as FW or USB.
You need a thunderbolt docking station (f.e.Sonnet Thunderbolt 2 docking Station).
I would connect the GRaid on one thunderbolt, the rest with the docking Station.

cheers

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Miguel Faro
Re: Connecting my camera to capture Lacie ejects with the not properly ejected message.
on Mar 16, 2015 at 3:47:54 pm

Thank you
I will try to do so.
For the last few days I've been able to import the footage with the setup i've described. The only diferent thing i am doing now is make sure that when i connect the camera to the lacie there is no other software running except the finder.
But i will try to get a thunderbolt docking station.

Thanks once again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]