FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choose Accusys storage?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie Chang
Choose Accusys storage?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 8:07:09 am

Hello, everyone.

I work in a workshop in film making. We try to begin some 4K videos project recently, but we just found some of our equipments weren’t capable for this kind of projects. We considered to upgrade some of them.

The first one we want to purchase is the storage because we always confront latencies while editing videos. We find the product of Accusys—A16S3. Accusys claims it’s capable for 4K films and the speed of A16S3 can achieve over 2,700MB/s. And it can be used to build a small SAN environment. This may meet our demands.

But, none of us has the experiences in using any Accusys products. Because it costs much, we do not know whether it is worthy. Is there anyone with the experiences in using their products can share the feelings about the products or give us some suggestions?

-Eddie

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Choose Accusys storage?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 6:46:49 pm

Hi Eddie -
I am not sure what country you are in. 4K requires under 200 MB/sec per client. You do not need crazy bandwidth. Any fibre, or 10GbE system can do this for you (translation - every manufacturer can do this).
Accusys Exasan is Infiniband - they are the only ones to use this protocol. Bottom line - they all work, they will all allow you to do 4K editing - even QNAP with a 10G card and 10G switch.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Crystal Ho
on Oct 29, 2014 at 6:32:24 am
Last Edited By Crystal Ho on Oct 29, 2014 at 6:38:32 am

Hi Eddie,

This is Crystal from Accusys Storage Ltd., first of all, I would like to thank you consider our latest product A16S3-PS as your choice to editing 4K file.
If possible, please advise us your location, we could contact our reseller partner to support you.
Here is a testing video of 4K DPX REALTIME playback on A16S3-PS for your reference:

Welcome to contact me via email if you have any further question:
crystal_ho@accusys.com.tw

Return to posts index

Eddie Chang
on Oct 30, 2014 at 3:53:59 am

Hi, Bob,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did not know much about storages; I just saw the demo videos about A16S3-PS and the videos show that it can run 4K DPX smoothly, so I begin to feel interested in Accusys. But, as your suggestion, maybe I should consider more brands if they can also run 4K as Accusys A16S3-PS.

And, for Crystal,

Thank you for provide me with the demo video! I also watched the videos you uploaded to YouTube; this storage really performs quite well in the demos. However, just as what I said above, I cannot make any decision so far. But I will discuss about your products with my colleague.

-Eddie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]