FORUMS: list search recent posts

G-RAID not showing up on desktop

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
G-RAID not showing up on desktop
on Jul 21, 2014 at 8:13:08 pm

I recently got a G-RAID external hard-drive, and separately a USB 3.0 to use with it, for my MacPro. I installed the USB 3.0 yesterday on my MacPro, and connected to the G-RAID via the new port, but so far it's not working properly. When I connect the G-RAID drive to my MacPro, I can see the G-RAID, when I go to the Finder for example, but I can't see it on my desktop. And when I try to add the G-RAID drive to my MacPro's Dock it comes up as a question mark. However, the G-RAID drive does show up, when connected to my new USB 3.0, and it lets me transfer files to it, etc. But I don't understand why it doesn't show up on the desktop, and why there's a question mark on the dock. I tried connecting my G-RAID to the slower, existing USB ports on my MacPro, and when I do that the G-RAID drive shows up right away. So clearly it has something to do with the USB 3.0 and possibly the way I installed it. But I don't know what I did wrong. Has anyone else run into this? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. (I tried reaching the manufacturer of the 'RocketU Dual USB 3.0 for Mac' but I'm not having any luck reaching them.)
Thanks, Neil

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
Re: G-RAID not showing up on desktop
on Jul 23, 2014 at 3:50:45 pm

Hi Neal,

Thanks for your post. Have you checked your Finder Preferences to see if the box to show external drives on desktop is checked?

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Jul 23, 2014 at 4:02:46 pm

Yes it is checked, thanks Gene ('this' being the Finder preferences box to show external drives on the desktop). It seems to be an issue with the USB-3.0 port I installed myself, as the external drive does appear on the desktop when I connect the drive via the older USB ports that came with my MacPro, as opposed to that USB 3.0 I just installed. Just let me know if you or anyone else has any clue about this, as I'm still not hearing from the manufacturer of the 'RocketU Dual USB 3.0 for Mac.'

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
on Nov 26, 2014 at 10:49:36 pm

We are also having trouble with USB 3 with our CalDigit AV Pro drives, maybe it is a OS issue. Are you on the latest 10.10 update?

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Dec 2, 2014 at 11:59:46 am

Sorry for the slow response Thomas, just starting to get back into the swing after the holiday. No I'm on Version 10.9.4.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]