FORUMS: list search recent posts

MacPro 2013 Kernel Panics with Areca 8050

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Foxx
MacPro 2013 Kernel Panics with Areca 8050
on Jul 16, 2014 at 3:37:41 am

I have a 6-core 2013 MacPro and an Areca 8050 (original Thunderbolt 1) enclosure that have been working fine since January. However, since updating to 10.9.4 and iTunes 11.3, I have been getting a kernel panic on startup. The only way I could boot successfully was to disconnect the 8050, then reconnect it after logging in. After that, everything functioned correctly, but the 8050 had to be disconnected in order to boot.

I just spent two hours chatting with Apple support, and they helped me trace the issue to the iTunesHelper application that runs under the Login Items for each user. Once I removed this application from Login items, the MacPro booted successfully with the 8050 connected, and it has been working fine since. The support tech I worked with said they would escalate this issue to the development team for review. I also wanted to get the word out here in case anyone else encounters this issue. I hope this saves someone from spending hours trying to work through this issue.

Rick

2013 MacPro 6 core 3.5 gHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2012 rMacBook Pro, Areca ARC-8050, Final Cut Studio 3, Final Cut X, Adobe Production Premium CS6, Logic X

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: MacPro 2013 Kernel Panics with Areca 8050
on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:36:04 am

this is why I love Creative Cow. Do you think that Areca would even have a clue about this type of information. THANK YOU Rick, you are a wonderful human being for sharing this information.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]