LaCie big 8 thunderbolt 2

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Dekkard
LaCie big 8 thunderbolt 2
on Jun 28, 2014 at 8:00:08 pm

has anyone tried one of these yet by chance

they are apparently shipping.

even with LaCie's somewhat dubious external drive reputation, with redundant parts, and the warranty this is looking attractive. good speed and excellent form factor. I dont really want to be the first, but i need a solution in about 1 week ~24tb and 1300mb\s and this is tempting looking.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: LaCie big 8 thunderbolt 2
on Jun 28, 2014 at 11:12:27 pm

I saw this at NAB. It looked fine.
Why would you not consider the Thunderbolt solutions available from Promise, Maxx Digital, and Areca, which offer the same thing ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Richard Dekkard
on Jul 4, 2014 at 5:28:39 pm

hi bob,

i did consider them (and still am) but their form factor is not nearly as attractive nor space efficient as a 1u rack. Still cant find any reviews or retail customer feedback on it. I only have a few more days here before Ill need to order. Guess I might be the guinea pig :)

Return to posts index

Mark Lukes
on Jul 1, 2014 at 7:05:34 pm

Richard,

I have the LaCie 5Big Thunderbolt 20TB and have great success with it. I did have a previous LaCie drive fail but for the most part have been happy with this drive.

I purchased it from a 3rd party and got a pretty good deal on it. http://www.seusee.com/office/storage/lacie-9000398u-5big-thunderbolt-series...

Return to posts index

James Cordell
on Feb 17, 2015 at 7:30:52 pm

Sorry to pull this thread out of the history. But I have to ask you Mark, have you ever experienced beeping sounds with your 5Big? I'm having a heck of a time with mine and I can't find any other evidence of this happening anywhere on the internets! Check out my post if you'd like. Thanks for any info!

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/292/3708

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]