FORUMS: list search recent posts

Raid Volume: Failed

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Lee
Raid Volume: Failed
on May 7, 2014 at 3:46:03 am

I have a RAID 0 setup on a desktop computer I built myself almost 2 years ago that has recently in the past month begin to give me an error after I reinstalled the OS again to clean up my drives. When I boot up the computer normally I get the RAID information and usually both drives are shown in green as Passed. One of my drives now is showing up with a red Error sign. The computer functions perfectly though, I haven't noticed any issues whatsoever.

I still get a pop up from the Intel Rapid Storage Technology saying my volume appears inaccessible.

Both drives are Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD4500HLHX 450GB 10000 RPM. Let me know if you guys need any further details.
My motherboard is an Asrock P67 Extreme4.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on how I could possibly fix this?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Raid Volume: Failed
on May 7, 2014 at 3:19:54 pm

Alex, you say the computer is running just fine, but you left out whether your RAID was still mounting.

If you're simply getting an error message, but the RAID set still mounts and you have access to the data thereon, it's possible you're experiencing the precursor to a drive failure. If you can access the data on that RAID you'd best back it up to something just as fast as you can.

Once backed-up I'd reformat the RAID to see if that makes a difference. It's possible that a minor difference in the OS you upgraded has caused the issue, and a reformat under the OS could fix the issue. Id not, and you still receive an error message, you should consider replacing that drive on way or another, either via the warranty route or by purchasing an identical drive.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

EricBowen
on May 8, 2014 at 4:38:47 pm

Go into the Rapid Storage Manager and look for the disk that has a Red X. Click on that disk and then look on the right for the option to reset to normal. Select that and then run the verify option. See if the drive will complete the verify.

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Alex Lee
on May 11, 2014 at 3:52:40 am

Thank you for your response EricBowe,

I went ahead and did that and the drive turned into a normal state as well as passed the verification process. Are my drives still in a RAID configuration after I reset one of the drives to normal?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]