FORUMS: list search recent posts

CR-T08X EditPRO vs iT8 6G SAS Expander

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahmad Ramahi
CR-T08X EditPRO vs iT8 6G SAS Expander
on May 4, 2014 at 3:34:41 pm

Hello,

I am having a hard time deciding on what i must choose between these two 8bay enclosures.

My problem is that i can't find enough reviews on the CR-T08X while i think its better than the iT8.

There is a key advantage in choosing the T08X that it comes with areca 1223x but for the iT8 it does not come with any controller and i need to find one that works perfectly with the enclosure.

Can anyone give me feedback on the T08X please?
or if someone is sure that the iT8 is better please let me know.

Thanks
Ramahi

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: CR-T08X EditPRO vs iT8 6G SAS Expander
on May 4, 2014 at 6:35:22 pm

Hi Ahmad -
excellent post, excellent question. I am surprised that you did not bother to list the manufacturers of these products, as most people would find these numbers obscure !

The iT8 and the CineRaid chassis are made by the same company. Both are excellent products. At NAB, NO ONE demonstrated these products working. The ARC-1883x was demonstrated USING A PC (not a Mac) at the Sans Digital booth, showing about 3500 MB/sec with 6g drives in a 24 bay drive enclosure (RAID 0, not RAID 5). CineRaid did not demonstrate the speed of the product.

I just got an ARC-1883x and it is NOT faster than the ARC-1882x in a Mac Pro with a 6g SAS expander from Areca. I am promised that with the new 12G SAS expander from Areca, that it will be faster on the Mac, but I don't have one yet, so I cannot test it (but I will - I promise - and it might even be this week). So both CI and CineRaid simply don't have the 12G expander yet for the chassis that you are mentioning - it's too early, and too new. Be patient, and these products will all have the 12G SAS expander that will match the ARC-1883x.

Will it work better on the PC - yes. Will it work better on the Mac - I don't know - I will find out. Both the iT8 and the CineRaid are excellent products, made by the same company.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Ahmad Ramahi
Re: CR-T08X EditPRO vs iT8 6G SAS Expander
on May 13, 2014 at 3:22:26 pm

Thank you so much Bob Zelin for your answer.

Sorry i could not follow the thread because i was really busy at work.

I have sent an email to CineRaid before i post this message here and i got absolutely no answer, and to be honest this makes me really worried about getting a product from a company that does not answer their emails.

Did u get the 12G expander yet? Did you try it on MacPro ?
Why your not sure that it would work on Mac ?

what would be the speed of 12G ? if the best 6G SAS would deliver around 650MB read and write, what would a 12G deliver? and i hope you were talking about the SAS not the Thunderbolt.

I'm trying to find the best solution away from Thunderbolt because i own a MacPro5,1.

I'll be glad if you can advice me on this subject.

Ahmad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]