FORUMS: list search recent posts

External Hard Drive - G-Raid error

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Bo
External Hard Drive - G-Raid error
on Mar 14, 2014 at 3:03:44 pm

Hello, I've got a Hard Drive G-Raid 8TB. And there still have 6.4TB left... so it's far to be full. I have often hard time to eject the external hard drive, I always need to force to eject. And I started to work on a project with after effect, and at one point, I'm not able to save my project in the Hard Drive directly... and I'm not able to do anything in the Hard Drive... I cannot import or save anything with the hard drive... I needed to force eject to reconnect it after to be able to use it. I got this hard drive for few months only... I guess it's not normal...Is there something I should try to do to solve this problem?
Thanks! Kim

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
Re: External Hard Drive - G-Raid error
on Mar 14, 2014 at 4:56:05 pm

Hi Kim Bo,

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you may possibly have a firmware issue. Please contact me at eugene.gilbert@hgst.com with you model number, serial number, computer and OS. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

Kim Bo
on Mar 15, 2014 at 2:44:12 pm

Actually, someone suggest me to run Disk Utility to make a verification... and it gave me an error. I tried to repair, but with Disk Utility I was not able to do so... So I tried with Drive Genius which I've been able to repair the hard drive... now should be ok.

What you mean by firmware? Thank you for the reference as well... I will write to make the follow up because it's not the first time I got hard time to eject the hard drive.

And at the same time, I got another hard drive that always disconnect by itself... so I tried to back up all my files on another hard drive... but it's very hard, it's super long and if my file is like 1GB well the hard drive will eject... so I'm not able to back up. I wanted to back up everything to format the hard drive... Do you know a way I could do to make the back up so I can format without loosing everything?
What is rebuild a hard drive? Is this could be an option without loosing all my files? I have Disk Warrior but I'm not sure to understand how it's working... so before trying anything I want to make sure I'm doing the correct thing...

Thanks for your advise!

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
on Mar 20, 2014 at 7:23:52 pm

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the info. It sounds like it was a directory issue. When I first read your post, the description of the behavior was the same as I have seen with the G-DRIVE and we have a firmware update for. What is the other drive you are having issues with? You can send me the serial number for that as well.

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]