FORUMS: list search recent posts

G-drive Constantly Crashes when Transferring (Error -36)

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JohnBen Lacy
G-drive Constantly Crashes when Transferring (Error -36)
on Mar 7, 2014 at 3:49:45 pm

I have two 2TB G-drives which I would like to keep identical. I was working on a project and I copied the media to both drives, and worked off of DRIVE 01 for the duration of the project. Now that the project is complete, I was going to drag over the complete folder from DRIVE 01 to DRIVE 02 so that the two drives would be identical.

Every time I attempt to do so, I received this error: "The Finder can't complete the operation because some data in "music" can't be read or written. (Error code -36)"

This also always causes DRIVE 02 to dismount with the error (or scolding rather) "The disk was not ejected properly. If possible, always eject a disk before unplugging it or turning it off."

This happens every time I have tried to copy this project over and I can't seem to figure it out. I don't believe there is truly an error in the "music" folder because each time this error occurs, it lists a different folder (i.e. "CARD 01", "exports" etc.)

The file system is Mac OS Extended.

Here is a screen grab of the errors:

I know this probably isn't the ideal workflow of manually syncing drives, but I don't see a reason why this error should keep occurring. Both drives checked out ok when run through Disk Repair.

Any ideas? Or perhaps suggestions for a better method?

Thanks,

JohnBen

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
Re: G-drive Constantly Crashes when Transferring (Error -36)
on Mar 10, 2014 at 5:50:06 pm

Hi JohnBen,

Thanks for your post. The error you are seeing is a general I/O error. Does this happen if you copy in the other direction? There may be a firmware update that could possibly address this. Please contact me at eugene.gilbert@hgst.com with the model number and serial number of the drive and we can take it from there. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]