FORUMS: list search recent posts

Server wisdom sought

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Empson
Server wisdom sought
on Sep 17, 2013 at 11:16:48 pm

Hello everyone in the Cow world!

I'm new to the forum, running a local PEG channel in Adrian, Mi for a Tech Center focusing on 11th and 12th grade students. I came into the classroom space and found 25 5ish year old MacPros, an iMac and a macbook pro...and no way for any of them to communicate with each other! I've never set up a server, and would love any thoughts you have on companies to work with, capacity, speeds, etc. I'm not looking at a DIY setup, don't have time for that. Any help you all can give is much appreciated! Thanks again, and I look forward to exploding my brain around all of these forums!

Cheers

Dan

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Server wisdom sought
on Sep 18, 2013 at 1:35:21 am

there are countless solutions to your problem. This topic is discussed ad nauseum on the SAN networks forum. My system is Maxx Digital Final Share, which uses a simple Mac as the server, but there are a lot of systems that will do exactly what you want. They all advertise on Creative Cow, and they are all wonderful.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Empson
on Sep 18, 2013 at 1:51:14 am

Much Appreciated. I'll head over that way

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 19, 2013 at 7:02:07 pm

Hey Daniel - where did you go ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Empson
on Sep 19, 2013 at 7:04:30 pm

Hi Bob!

Nowhere just yet. The fun part about working for a school system is the glacial pace. Still trying to pin people down to see what they are allowing, and what we need on this end. I've been poking around the forum you suggested, and I wanted to make sure I had a good idea of what we need before I go asking for more advice. Thanks for checking up sir!

Cheers

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]