FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to defrag and re-build old SCSI Medea drive

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Kerstein
Need to defrag and re-build old SCSI Medea drive
on Mar 25, 2010 at 9:18:44 pm

Hello,
We have a old FCP running a old Aurora igniterX card so we are dead ended with OS 10.2 to keep it running and we are having issues with one of the Medea drives. Problem is we cant find a disk warrior ver 3.0 or 3.2 that will run on that OS. Any ideas?

Aloha & Mahalo from Maui

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Need to defrag and re-build old SCSI Medea drive
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:05:56 am

What I am confused about, is that a new 1 Terabyte drive cost less than a copy of Disk Warrior, and is (probably) bigger than your Medea drive that is having problems. Why not just buy a 1TB Hitachi drive for $89 dollars, throw the Medea in a volcano, and call it a day (and then no need for Disk Warrior).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Matt Kerstein
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:25:48 am

Bob,
that's a valid point but it's a a company system and they would like to keep her limping along without spending any $$$. Just gonna transfer and wipe.. That outta do it. Just was hoping to avoid the time.
Aloha
Matt

Aloha & Mahalo from Maui

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Mar 26, 2010 at 4:03:27 pm

Bob`s right. The shortcut to success is to fix it right away instead of undergoing unexpected bleeding. Save the remaining SCSI hardware for a downgrading machine like bumping a video production SCSI set down to a publishing computer, or another example would be taking a SCSI Raid internet set, drop it down to a new employees teaching computer, and moving a couple of jumpers on the card or similar, to turn off the Raid and use JBOD with SCSI utilities still turned on. I hope that I described something in your area of use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]