FORUMS: list search recent posts

Retrospect 9.2 - how do I re-create catalogues for tapes that have metadata deleted?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clare Kemp
Retrospect 9.2 - how do I re-create catalogues for tapes that have metadata deleted?
on Mar 21, 2013 at 7:19:33 pm

Hi

I have a massive data backup problem.

Over the past 6 months 3 of my raided towers have crashed , needing each time over 16TB of data to be retrieved and moved.

I have an LT05 tape back up system, but this takes a day for each tape to copy and the constant moving to towers of different sizes means the tape contents are changing to reflect the new system. Since I have 26 x 1.5TB tapes, bakup has not kept pace. Result is I have now (with ANOTHER recent tower crash - a new Drobo 5D ) lost vital data that I need to retrieve from my LT05 tapes. Problem? the relevant data set now exists on tape, but not in my list of archive catalogues or in the archive library. Please can anyone suggest how to generate new data catalogues (ie, I need to get the computer to read the tapes and re-write the computer-based data set) so I can retrieve the data? My deck is a Quantum

Any help very gratefully received

Return to posts index

Drobo Inc
Re: Retrospect 9.2 - how do I re-create catalogues for tapes that have metadata deleted?
on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:31:26 pm

Hello Claire,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I see that we have an open ticket and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
Drobo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]