FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alternate RAID array recommendation... not Pegasus

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
Alternate RAID array recommendation... not Pegasus
on Jan 14, 2013 at 3:19:54 pm

HI. I purchased an 8TB Pegasus R4 Thunderbolt RAID array from Promise Technologies. I've had it a week and am looking to return it to B & H today. My system has failed to boot several times. It locks up the computer and even sometimes when the computer boots the drive hangs. I sent in a service request to Promise and they requested a system report which I sent them via the promise utility. They came back saying there was a blown sector in drive one (the thing is one week old) and they would send out a drive replacement. I have the latest firmware and thunderbolt drivers installed. Promise never addressed my issue of whether they would have a download fix comign in the near future.

Can anyone suggest a replacement array for the same price or less? Looking at Buffalo and LaCie. I htink I want to go USB 3.0 instead of thunderbolt. Using OSX Mountain Lion.

thanks.

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

Jon Schilling
Re: Alternate RAID array recommendation... not Pegasus
on Jan 14, 2013 at 7:40:02 pm

Brian,

Adobe likes our EB400CR, http://www.proavio.com/index.php/products/desktop/eb400cr for use with CS6 of course this is a great product for use with any software/workflow. Features USB 3.0 2X Firewire 800 & eSATA.
Numerous RAID levels to choose from.

3 year warranty & great support.

Worth a look.

David Helmly of Adobe's endorsement is this:

I only write what I mean – no problem in recommending this unit..

For my day to day software testing in my lab, the Proavio EB400CR with it's Raid 5 USB 3.0 connection has simply been unmatched in features and performance. This is one of the few Raid units that allows ExFAT formatting for full Windows and OSX Read/Write which critical for my daily work with our Adobe ProVideo and Audio tools. Whether I'm running the same Adobe Premiere Pro project on a Mac Laptop or a PC Desktop, I know that the Proavio unit will deliver the maximum possible USB 3.0 Raid 5 performance and protection. It's as simple as disconnecting the USB 3.0 cable from one machine to the next without the worry.

5 out of 5 stars in my book!

David K Helmly
Sr. Manager, Solutions Consulting Pro Video/Audio Americas

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Schilling
Vertical Sales Manager
Proavio Storage by Enhance Technology Inc.
12221 Florence Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Dir: 562-777-3498
Main: 562-777-3488 X106
Fax: 562-777-3499
Email: jon@proavio.com

Return to posts index

Ricardo Reyes
Re: Alternate RAID array recommendation... not Pegasus
on Jan 23, 2013 at 10:46:51 pm

"there was a blown sector in drive one (the thing is one week old) and they would send out a drive replacement"

Not suprised since there using desktop drives. Although enterprise level drives are not immune from such problems, but at least they are less likely to run into these type of issues.

Ricardo Reyes
Areca Technologie - US Channel
Ricado@ArecaUS.com
http://www.Areca.com.tw

***** RAID is not a substitute for proper and regular backups *****

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]