FORUMS: list search recent posts

RocketRaid and the missing driver

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoffrey Brown
RocketRaid and the missing driver
on Nov 16, 2012 at 6:46:41 am

Hi All

Here's an interesting one, I have an ageing but serviceable RocketRaid 2322 controller supporting external mini-sas enclosure X 4 drives into MacPro 12 core.
My raid was working under Mac OS 10.7.5 BUT will not boot under OS 10.8.2.
My system prefs in OS 10.8.2 shows NO driver loaded, but under 10.7.5 the driver IS loaded
According to HighPoint website the drivers are built into the OS 10.8.2. That hasn't worked and no drivers for ML appear on their website. Now I've tried to ask this question of High Point Tech, but their support is the most infuriating and convoluted I've encountered, I can't even get to anybody to ask, so I throw this to the forum. Anybody got an answer other than re-install Lion, or throw the card away and go to a competitor that's more Mac friendly. Suggestions?
Thanks
Geoffrey Brown
DP Editor

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: RocketRaid and the missing driver
on Nov 16, 2012 at 4:48:39 pm

suggestions ?
Yes, I have a great suggestion -
ATTO R680.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Brown
on Nov 16, 2012 at 10:44:40 pm

Thanks Bob, that's all i need to know, thanks for the advise.
I had a feeling, considering the total lack of support, (how do they stay in business) that would be the best solution
Cheers
Geoffrey Brown

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 18, 2012 at 6:14:47 pm

support is everything.
You can buy the greatest box in the world, but when it breaks, or is not working correctly, and you can't get anyone on the phone to help you - what good is it. Support is everything.

I am facing this right now with another manufacturer (that used to have great support, and suddenly - there is no support) - so what am I going to do with them now ? If I can't get help, who cares how good their product performs. When it breaks, does that mean "just throw it out" - I guess that is what many companies feel these days.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Brown
on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:52:04 am

Bob

I really believe we, as a production community, should 'out' bad service and support.
To alert our collegues and send a message.
If enough people 'move on' they'll get the message.

Good luck with your issue

Cheers
Geoffrey Brown

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]