FORUMS: list search recent posts

G-RAID Array Set-up?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Cox
G-RAID Array Set-up?
on Nov 6, 2012 at 2:01:24 am

I have a G-Raid RAID-0, but having a RAID-0 doubles the risk of data failure, so we're trying to format it as RAID-1 using FAT32 or any other filesystem that will support both MAC OS X & Windows 7. How could we do this?

Return to posts index

Caspian Brand
Re: G-RAID Array Set-up?
on Nov 6, 2012 at 2:31:16 am

Hey Kevin,

MediaFour has recently updated their MacDrive code to include support for Apple RAID partitions on Windows. This was previously only available in an older release circa Win2k, with their former Cross-Stripe edition.

Might be worth having a look at MacDrive Pro:

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/pro/

Or investing in an enclosure that does hardware RAID 1.

-Caspian

Return to posts index

Kevin Cox
on Nov 6, 2012 at 2:46:54 am

So it's the hardware that won't support the RAID-1? That's very interesting. I've been fighting this for hours trying to get it to run a RAID-1 but it just won't.

Return to posts index

Caspian Brand
on Nov 6, 2012 at 3:00:45 am

I've never used the G-RAID myself. By your first post, I took it to mean the enclosure didn't do hardware RAID 1. After having a quick read through the manual for the drive it appears the device is perpetually stuck in a hardware RAID 0.

It appears their G-RAID mini has a RAID 1 option, however.

Assuming you're using this for video I would avoid Fat32 and use either MacDrive or Paragon Software's HFS+ for Windows.

It looks like you won't need the Apple Software RAID support with MacDrive Pro, so could likely get away with the standard version.

Both MacDrive and Paragon have trials available of their software.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]