FORUMS: list search recent posts

Promise Pegasus R6 overheating

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Weber
Promise Pegasus R6 overheating
on Nov 2, 2012 at 3:14:04 pm

I am in the middle of a project with a looming deadline (doesn't this always happen!!) and my R6 unit is giving off overheating warnings on the backplane. The drives are fine and the fans seem to be functional.

I am hoping to limp across the finish line so that I can get this thing done.

Has anyone had any problems with the backplane on their R6 unit overheating?

Thanks,

Dan Weber

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Promise Pegasus R6 overheating
on Nov 8, 2012 at 7:51:34 pm

A short time ago, I had an update to my R4, which resulted in the software telling me it was overheating. Next update resolved it. What temp is it showing? And have you updated the software/firmware recently?
TC

Return to posts index

Ray Sherman
Re: Promise Pegasus R6 overheating
on Jun 15, 2017 at 9:51:40 pm

Hi, Just came across this do to a Google search. Why??? I just purchased a new Pegasus3 R6 24TB less than 10 days ago which I ran in Raid 5. I was backing up some video from an external 3.0 drive through my maxed out 2016 15" MacBook Pro to the Pegasus3. I heard the fan ramp up a little, therefore I took a look at the Promise Utilities to see how things were running. To my surprise, I had a Backplane temperature warning......... now get this...... I have only transferred 41GB, Yes 41GB which took 11 minutes (see warning pic below). I contacted Pegasus and was conversing with them off and on for about four hours. They finally concluded that the chassis was bad and wanted me to send it in. I stated that that was unacceptable, this Pegasus is less than 10 days old and that I wanted a full replacement. Then I received a call from them stating that that they could only change out the chassis. I repeated what I said in the chat conversation. He then stated, try returning it to the place of purchase for an exchange. By this time, I was pretty POed to say the least. I did contact where I purchase it, B&H Photo. Yes it was less than 30 days, therefore returning it wasn't a problem. B&H has "always" been number 1 for me throughout many, many years and are taking care of it. Bottom line, I.M.O., Promise Technology lacked the integrity I thought they had along with being unethical due to not replacing it directly. Now B&H has to deal with a manufacturer problem......... which Promise Technology is going to get back anyway. Yes, I'm exchanging it for another one only because of the reputation of the product. Yes, I do realize that these things happen. I just don't like the way it was handled. Hopefully, this next one will be great and in all likelihood it will be. Now that I have that off my chest...... Happy editing and thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]