FORUMS: list search recent posts

ext drive recommendations? RAID?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paolo zuniga
ext drive recommendations? RAID?
on May 30, 2012 at 5:29:15 pm

Hi, looking for some recommendations on drives. I've been working on a paying project and I'm a little paranoid about backing up the footage, which was shot on a dslr. I've got all of my footage on two 2G drives right now, but would like to back them up onto a third drive. Anyone have any recommendations on what kind of drive I need? Or what I should be looking for?

I've been reading about these RAID drives and just beginning to understand them. Both of my current 2G drives are by LaCie (the orange ones).

Overall, I'm looking for something that works well with media (video, audio, photos).

thoughts?

thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Schilling
Re: ext drive recommendations? RAID?
on May 30, 2012 at 8:36:40 pm

Paolo

I believe what you have (and I'm guessing) are 2 - 2TB Lacie rugged 3.5" hard drives that you are looking to archive, correct? What kind of host machine are you hooked up to & what I/O, (interface) are you using? Are you looking to back up 4TB of data onto something else that you're then archiving?

Jonathan Schilling
Vertical Sales Manager
Proavio
12221 Florence Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Dir: 562-777-3498
Main: 562-777-3488 X106
Fax: 562-777-3499
Email: jon@proavio.com

See our forum: http://forums.creativecow.net/proavio

Return to posts index

paolo zuniga
Re: ext drive recommendations? RAID?
on May 30, 2012 at 8:57:56 pm

Hi, yeah sorry i've got two 1TB 'rugged' drives that I use for video production shoots. I usually keep one at home and take one on shoots, but they are both filling up at this point. I'm looking to get another drive where I can archive all of my raw video files as backup just on case any of these LaCie drives ever crap out on me.

I mostly work off of my macbook.

Looking to see if anyone has any recommendations on what memory drives work best for media and suggestions/insight on backing up video files.

Until now, I've never has to worry about this, but I've recently been taking on bigger projects that pay, so I don't want to loose any footage.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]