FORUMS: list search recent posts

RAID Battery Conditioning?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matheu Plouffe
RAID Battery Conditioning?
on May 18, 2010 at 5:16:54 pm

Hi,

So I came in this morning, booted up my computer and was met by an alert that said something to the effect of "RAID Battery Conditioning. This may take up to 12 hours to finish. Do not interrupt during process or battery may not function correctly" (I'm paraphrasing here.) It then gave me the option to ignore or open the RAID utility.

I have no idea what this means. As far as I know I didn't do anything to cause this. It literally popped up as soon as I turned on and logged in.

Does anyone know what this means, and what's going on?

Thanks,
Matheu

P.S. Sorry if this isn't the proper forum for this question.

Return to posts index

Matheu Plouffe
Re: RAID Battery Conditioning?
on May 18, 2010 at 5:54:15 pm

Okay so I've been poking around a bit more and I understand this is part of the RAID's regular maintenance cycle. That it's going to do this every three months to maintain the battery life.

Now my question is, is there a way to either schedule this or make this happen so that way I can have it happening overnight rather than when I need to be working on the computer?

Thanks,
Matheu

Return to posts index

Jordan Woods
on May 19, 2010 at 12:27:44 am

What RAID are you using? Could you provide background information on your setup?

-Jordan

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on May 20, 2010 at 2:39:11 pm

A fresh battery and a manually switchable charging arrangement would allow you to lterally press Escape past the dedicated charging schedule. You are able to work your machine through the cycle anyway. It`s not data or hardware surgery.

Return to posts index

Jordan Woods
on May 20, 2010 at 4:51:04 pm

Some raids will allow for this changing of their cycle, however, many are completely unusable during this discharge cycle due to severe performance issues in write through mode. He might be able to contact this vendor and ask how to change the time on the discharge to a weekend (manually)

-jw

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on May 20, 2010 at 7:27:31 pm

Jordan, read my previous post again. A poor electrician makes a poor computer operator. I have spoken.

Return to posts index

Jordan Woods
on May 21, 2010 at 4:53:13 pm

Fred,

Are you serious? You are really going slam me on a public forum when I'm just trying to be helpful? I'm not sure of your angle here, but if you have an issue, you can man up and call me personally and we can settle this on the phone. If you are in Los Angeles I would be glad to meet you in person as well.

-Jordan
408-409-6637

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]