FORUMS: list search recent posts

Other World Computing at NAB 2012

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
Other World Computing at NAB 2012
on Apr 21, 2012 at 5:47:06 pm

I often make fun of OWC products. But at NAB 2012, they introduced their PROFESSIONAL Jupiter series of storage arrays, which is going to go head to head with the wonderful companies that advertise here on Creative Cow. I often criticize people who try to compare the professional products seen here on Creative Cow to the horrible OWC offerings. Well, I guess OWC is not stupid, and realizes that there is a market for PROFESSIONAL HI END drive arrays, and they are launching a new series to compete, that looks wonderful.

So the next time someone asks about the OWC Mercury product line, instead of making fun, I will just point them to the PROFESSIONAL Jupiter series from OWC. A product that is worthy of Creative Cow readers.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Clay Glendenning
Re: Other World Computing at NAB 2012
on May 8, 2012 at 10:48:16 am

Anyone know anything more than what the coming soon page says, or have some hands on reports? I was at NAB and missed OWC.

This looks like a pretty good deal if it actually works well and comes out soon.

After doing a little research, it looks like the press release was on Jan. 9th. It would be nice to have an idea when the release date is at this point. I couldn't find a news source that did more than copy/paste the press release and coming soon page from OWC.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]