FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which new raid system?

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rainer Wirth
Which new raid system?
on Apr 8, 2012 at 12:16:48 pm

Hi out there,

I've to expand my raid capacity. I need a new 16-24 bay raid. The specs of the raid are 2-3TB HD's, 4x8GB FC connection and the possibility to plug a second Workstation in the Raid, without using san or/and fibreswitch.

At the present moment I'm operating 2x Xraids(old but reliable) and one R800 SAS Sonnet raid (up to now a good and inexpensive choice) The Xraids are worked through a 4xFC card (4x4GB). The plan is, to take out one Xraid and unse 2x4GB FC to operate the new raid.

I've had a look on several raids:

Sonnet 16bay, Active storage 24bay, Axus yotta3 24bay, Promise Vtrak 16bay, Dulce Raid.

The cheapest thing is, to buy Harddiscs and Raid seperate. What are your recommondations and experiences?

Thanks

Rainer

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Which new raid system?
on Apr 8, 2012 at 2:36:13 pm

you write -
Sonnet 16bay, Active storage 24bay, Axus yotta3 24bay, Promise Vtrak 16bay, Dulce Raid.

The cheapest thing is, to buy Harddiscs and Raid seperate. What are your recommondations and experiences?

REPLY - I am not familiar with Axus. Sonnet, Active, and Dulce are all fantastic brands. I am not a fan of Promise. However, none of this companies (maybe Axus - I don't know this brand) will sell you an empty chassis. You have to buy their complete drive arrays with the drives already in them. Sonnet, Active and Dulce are all teriffic choices.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Apr 17, 2012 at 2:20:51 pm

According to our reseller here in Sweden we can by a Sonnet-chassi with their RAID-card and fill it with drives our selves following the matrix on their webpage.

http://www.sonnettech.com/support/harddrivematrix/index.html

Is this incorrect info?

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:07:29 pm

I definitely wouldn`t put any hard drives from Samsung or Seagate into my video editor. The lone Maxtor type listed would probably work well in spite of being affiliated to Seagate. My experience. Fred Jodry

Return to posts index

krum stan
on Jun 18, 2012 at 12:31:08 pm

Some G-tech items are based on Axus ,I'm glad from my g-speed xl fc ,so Axus is the option too.

cs 1.5/6 !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]