FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a network storage/ RAID advice for small film + documentary production house in India

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rajarshi Basu
Need a network storage/ RAID advice for small film + documentary production house in India
on Jan 31, 2012 at 5:21:46 am

Hi,

I am an editor working between Vancouver and Kolkata, India.

One of the companies I work for in India needs to streamline their workflow. At present we have been doing all our projects using external hard drives, using Firewire 800, connected to our Mac Pro. But this is not the correct way to proceed as we are having problems keeping track of older projects and newer ones. Its a mess.

I want to switch over using a central storage solution, which both the macs can have access to.

Is there a budget friendly solution under 3000$ where I can streamline a post workflow ?

Ideally a 12-24TB solution.

Thanks !

RB

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Need a network storage/ RAID advice for small film + documentary production house in India
on Jan 31, 2012 at 11:30:43 pm

there is no solution for under $3000.

I have a great contact for you in India, but with a $3000 budget, I dont know who could help you.

By the way, forget shared storage - have you ever seen 24 TB for sale for under $3000 ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Rajarshi Basu
Re: Need a network storage/ RAID advice for small film + documentary production house in India
on Feb 1, 2012 at 9:18:48 am

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, what I meant was, a system which I can upgrade to 24 TB in the future if needed.

I guess I have to buy a Drobo then. Not shared, but I can at least get RAID 5 in it ?

Also I would be interested to know your contact in India, budget permits in the near future, we can decide on making a purchase.

Thanks !

Raj

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 2, 2012 at 1:36:27 am

http://www.sadwelkar.com/neil.htm

This is who you should contact.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Stephen McKenna
on Feb 20, 2012 at 4:30:59 pm

Hi Rajarshi,

What kind of Firewire storage are you using now (make and model please)? We may have a solution for you, if you are interested please feel free to contact me privately via smckenna@studionetworksolutions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]