FORUMS: list search recent posts

will i loos my software raid if I format my OSX drive and fresh install it??

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sachin Desai
will i loos my software raid if I format my OSX drive and fresh install it??
on Nov 14, 2011 at 5:28:07 am

I've created raid using disk utility -->raid for my video footage

there are no problems with the raid and working fine but my OSX is not working properly tried to do archive and install but didn't work so I was thinking of fresh installation of OS.

now I'm wondering if my raid will remain or I'll loose it.

any help?

regards,
Sachin.

Sachin Desai

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
Re: will i loos my software raid if I format my OSX drive and fresh install it??
on Nov 14, 2011 at 2:39:43 pm

As long as the disks in the array are not your OS disk, you'll be fine. We have multiple "boot" partitions (to maintain compatibility with older projects) on separate boot drives running 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7 on every workstation and any software RAIDs work fine across all of them, even though they were "fresh" installs.

The drives in the the array contain the information that they are part of a set and so you can take disks in an OSX software array to any OSX machine and they should work as a set.

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Sachin Desai
Re: will i loos my software raid if I format my OSX drive and fresh install it??
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:39:40 am

thanks for your reply!

I just did fresh install of my OS Hard Drive and I'm all ok as it was showing in installation also I thought it would be fine to fresh install.

thanks

sachin.

Sachin Desai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]