FORUMS: list search recent posts

RAID advice

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Hore
RAID advice
on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:29:06 pm

I am running a Fibrenetix Qubex device on a quad core Xenon mac. The Fibrenetix has 4 fibres connecting to the 4 channel fibre card on the mac. The reliability of the Fibrenetix is unstable for me and looking to change my storage. What way should I go?

Many thanks

Tim

Tympani Productions

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: RAID advice
on Aug 22, 2011 at 4:01:28 pm

shared storge enviornment, or direct attached storage ?

What is your requirement ? For direct attached storage, there are countless products advertised right here on the banner ads. All are good companies. For shared storage enviorment, post on the SAN Networks forum

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tim Hore
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:12:21 am

Thanks Bob

We are running FCP for video editing. Only use one mac, so not sharing looking for around 2TB of raid 1 (excuse my ignorance in this) I am looking for a device that has multiple drives that can be hot swapped. We use the fibre channel card on the mac for speed on the current fibrenetix box. Any advice welcome

Current device is Fibrenetix Qubex which is now old and has 6 500 GB drives within and I end up with 2TB of storage.

Tim

Tympani Productions

Return to posts index

Atul Talati
on Oct 24, 2011 at 7:18:51 pm

I would look into the Seagra Technology, Inc Fibre Channel RAID product. They are in the Storage Industry 20+ year. Direct Attach or Storage Area Network product you can use their product which is STSRFC4-X and STF400PE product.

Atul Talati
Seagra Technology, Inc
14252 Culver Drive #A129
Irvine, Ca 92604
(949)419-6796(Voice)
(949)419-6437(Fax)
http://www.seagra.com
e-mail:atul@seagra.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]