FORUMS: list search recent posts

Striped internal Raid Slice Failing

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Tassin
Striped internal Raid Slice Failing
on Jul 7, 2011 at 2:40:32 pm

Hey guys,

Today when I sat down at my computer and turned it on one of my raid slices said it was failing.

I'm currently using a Mac Pro 2x 3 GHz Quad Core with 16GB of ram. The OS running is snow leopard 10.6.8.

Want I wanted to know is there a way to replace just that single raid raid slice in my set with minimal data loss?

Pardon if questions sound strange when it comes to raids my knowledge is very limited.

I've attached some images that show the issue that is currently occurring.

pic1.png

pic2.png

pic3.png

Thank you for your time
Mark

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Striped internal Raid Slice Failing
on Jul 7, 2011 at 6:38:34 pm

[Mark Tassin] "Want I wanted to know is there a way to replace just that single raid raid slice in my set with minimal data loss?"

No - a loss of one slice in RAID0 means loss of the whole volume. But it looks like the volume is still accessible? If it is, back it up right away. Copy the most critical files first, then backup the rest. Then you can try shutting down the system, re-seating the drive and powering up again - just in case it's a connectivity fluke - and if it's still "failing", replace it, re-stripe the array, restore the data from the backup.

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Mark Tassin
Re: Striped internal Raid Slice Failing
on Jul 7, 2011 at 9:27:08 pm

Thanks yeah, thats what i figured. Thank you for your insight started the back up. I'm just greatful it didnt fail totally yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]