FORUMS: list search recent posts

SSD and Mechanical drive

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Forsberg
SSD and Mechanical drive
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:17:30 pm

I presently use Premiere Elements 8.1 on Window's 7' 64 bit machine. I have two internal Sata drives. One C: for program and the second D:, for scratch disk and video files for projects. I would like to replace the C: drive for a SSD drive and just run the operating system and Premiere Elements 8.1 on it and still use my present D: drive for scratch and video files for projects. Would I have any problems doing this or any down the road conflicts? Thanks in advance.

Michael

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: SSD and Mechanical drive
on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:19:35 pm

Can't think of any. Haven't done it myself yet - but seen other people do it and have yet to hear of any problems.

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Eric Hansen
on Jul 8, 2011 at 2:06:54 am

this is how i have my MacBook Pro set up. SSDs will change your life. my 4 year old MBP is faster than the 1 year old Mac Pros in our shop.

e

Eric Hansen - http://www.erichansen.tv

Return to posts index

Chris Neto
on Jul 15, 2011 at 11:23:09 am

I take advantage of this post to also post my question as its not far from what Michael asked.
I'm also thinking to upgrade the HDD of my MBP (late 2009).
I use it mostly for my small editing projects. I've been doing some search here and there and i have to admit i got a bit sonfused.
Optibay is already on its way...
So what i want to ask is:
1) Should i set up a RAID 0 with two WD scoprio Black 500G or 750G
and use them as scratch disks to work my projects? But then again what impact would that have to my laptops battery consumption and also to its temperature?
2) should i just go for one of the WD Scorpio Black 750G and buy an SSD with lets say 180-200G and use the SSD as a boot and Scratch disk and the HDD as disk where the projects will be stored and saved?

Just like everyone else my concerns lay on speed, but i would also not sacrifice the mobility that my MBP gives me just for that. Whats the point on editing on a laptop if i'd lose that?

So any suggestion would be appreciated also an option that i might have not thought about.

All the Best

Christos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]