FORUMS: list search recent posts

RocketRAID 622 Installation

COW Forums : RAID Set-Up

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Gish
RocketRAID 622 Installation
on Jun 14, 2011 at 12:10:25 am

I am trying to move a RocketRAID 622 card and Sans Digital TowerRAID (TR5M-B) from an older Mac Pro into a newer Mac Pro (purchased around December of last year). The new machine and the previous machine are both OSX 10.6.7. The card worked in the previous machine but I can't seem to get the new machine to recognize the card (let alone the RAID).

From what I can tell the card is supposed to be plug and play for OS 10.6.7 but system profile tells me that the drivers aren't installed.

HighPoint Global points to a Japanese site for the drivers for the 622 (which actually appear to be the 644 drivers but maybe they're generic?). After installing these drivers system profiler still says no drivers installed.

HighPoint Global and the Japanese affiliate both are unresponsive for support. Sans Digital tried to help but within about 45 minutes the tech basically said he had no idea what else to try.

The card can be reinstalled into the old machine and it shows up with no problems (so the card doesn't appear to be at fault). Also - the PCI slot that the card is using in the new tower reads the card fine yet the drivers will not install (telling me that it isn't the PCI slot).

Any ideas on things to try?

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: RocketRAID 622 Installation
on Jun 14, 2011 at 2:06:50 am

Should work without 3rd party drivers, according to this:

http://www.hptmac.com/US/product.php?_index=67

Any chance you could try the card in yet another Mac Pro?

Alex (DV411)

Return to posts index

Shaun Gish
on Jun 15, 2011 at 10:58:37 pm

Yea. That's what I originally saw but no luck. Also - I tried the card in a third Mac Pro and it isn't seeing the card either. The original Mac Pro sees it fine. It's getting a bit frustrating that I can't get any support from the original manufacturer.

Return to posts index

Atul Talati
on Oct 25, 2011 at 9:51:25 pm

That is the main reason, we made our product OS independent. You do not need any special software to configure or setup. Plug and play for different version of OS. Try our product STSRFC4-X and STF400PE.
10 TB fibre cahnnel Storage for only $1699.00!!!!

Atul Talati
Seagra Technology, Inc
14252 Culver Drive #A129
Irvine, Ca 92604
(949)419-6796(Voice)
(949)419-6437(Fax)
http://www.seagra.com
e-mail:atul@seagra.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]