FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiple edit list entries, a/v desync might occur, patch welcome

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Peterson
multiple edit list entries, a/v desync might occur, patch welcome
on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:30:12 pm

Received this error on trying to read an ffmpeg file that was written via xuggler/ffmpeg.

What does this warning mean? I am definitely seeing audio/video synch issues when I receive this warning. I would like to address it, but don't really have any clue what to chase down since there don't seem to be any meaningful comments in the code hinting at what is happening.

Thanks
D

Return to posts index

Reuben Martin
Re: multiple edit list entries, a/v desync might occur, patch welcome
on Jun 21, 2012 at 2:45:39 am

It's not an error so much as a warning.

Mov files can contains EDL data that some quicktime based editing apps tend to create. (And it is a rather stupid feature to put in a distribution format) It means that timestamps in the streams can hop around and that the EDL may dictate that parts of streams should be skipped. Obviously this can cause problems. Results may vary depending on the content of the video. It ffmpeg can play it with any weird sync issues, then you can probably just ignore the message.

Return to posts index

David Peterson
Re: multiple edit list entries, a/v desync might occur, patch welcome
on Jun 21, 2012 at 2:07:54 pm

Thank you. That is helpful. While ffmpeg can play the file, it definitely has really bad audio/video synchronization issues. Typically it starts out okay with a bit of audio out of synch with video and then about halfway through the playback, the audio totally drops out.

Not sure why Xuggler is putting these markers into the file. I posted to their forums already but nobody has replied so I guess I'll have to dig into it. Sigh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]