FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encoded video is black

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Heintz
Encoded video is black
on Dec 21, 2011 at 12:03:30 am

Hey all,
I am trying to wade my way through the expanse of ffmpeg, but am running in to a block. I am working with Podcast Producer where I am encoding the raw footage (.mov) using ffmpeg (libx264). However after encoding the result video is black (no audio either). The input files are of various sizes (10-500MB) and are all .mov. The command I am using is:

ffmpeg -y -i INPUT.mov -an -vcodec libx264 -vpre fast_firstpass -b 2000k -bt 2000k -deinterlace -pass 1 -threads 4 OUTPUT.m4v && ffmpeg -y -i INPUT.mov -ab 320k -acodec aac -strict experimental -vcodec libx264 -vpre fast -b 2000k -bt 2000k -deinterlace -pass 2 -threads 4 OUTPUT.m4v

This command seems to work well with smaller files ( ~150 MB or less), however with larger files it results in a black movie. Should any values be changed based on input file size? Anything I should change with my command?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

stephen dixon
Re: Encoded video is black
on Dec 28, 2011 at 12:28:00 pm

What does ffmpeg report when you try to encode the unsuccessful files? Are there any error messages?

BTW: Is there a reason you're using aac instead of libfaac?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Heintz
on Dec 29, 2011 at 5:00:40 pm

It's my understanding that libfaac has been removed from ffmpeg. If it is currently still supported, but detached, how can I install/use it?

Regarding my original problem, there are no errors in the console. I doing this through Podcast Producer, and generally when there is an encoding issue the whole job fails. However with this, the job is "successful" and uploads a black video. Is there anything I should be looking for specifically? Or anything to try?

Return to posts index

stephen dixon
on Mar 4, 2012 at 2:22:38 am

go to http://www.audiocoding.com/faac.html for the source. You may need to get dependencies and they may have dependencies and so on. Make a small sacrifice to your choice of deity and compile.

As far as your black video goes, well I'm stumped. Have you tried running ffmpeg from the command line?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]