FORUMS: list search recent posts

stream to jpeg

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nayan kapadia
stream to jpeg
on Jun 3, 2010 at 5:19:53 am

HI,

I have converted image from live stream using ffmpeg -i rtsp:///main.mp4 -an -r 1 -y -s 320x240 video%d.jpg.Using this I obtain continous jpeg images. Is there any way to generate only one image and overwrite that image after each frame using ffmpeg?

Another thing,I am using ffmpeg on windows.When i type ffmpeg.exe in command line it displays ffmpeg version message and configuration message, how can i stop display of these messages on command line?

Thank you,
NBK

Return to posts index

Michael Rampe
Re: stream to jpeg
on Jun 3, 2010 at 5:40:35 am

[nayan kapadia] "Is there any way to generate only one image and overwrite that image after each frame using ffmpeg?"

Do not use the "%d" in the image name. This is what creates sequential image numbers.
The "-y" flag will overwrite the previous image which you are using. Try putting it just before the output filename.

Eg.
ffmpeg -i rtsp:///main.mp4 -an -r 1 -s 320x240 -y video.jpg

This might work or might just create one frame and stop. Not too sure about this. Try it and see.

[nayan kapadia] "When i type ffmpeg.exe in command line it displays ffmpeg version message and configuration message, how can i stop display of these messages on command line?"

You cannot stop this display.

Michael

"half-way to world domination A.K.A. the belligerent blue bike shed"

Return to posts index

Michael Rampe
on Jun 3, 2010 at 6:09:29 am

Just tried to replicate it and it didn't work. Just wrote one frame and failed.

I will keep looking into it.

What is the intended purpose for this process? There might be a workaround if I know what you are trying to achieve.

Michael

Return to posts index

nayan kapadia
on Jun 3, 2010 at 10:27:16 am

Thanks for your reply. I can generate image only once not able to update image.

Thank you,
NBK

Return to posts index

Michael Rampe
on Jun 3, 2010 at 11:57:55 pm

Yes, it fails after one frame.

What are you trying to achieve?

Michael

Return to posts index

nayan kapadia
on Jun 4, 2010 at 9:06:12 am

I want to update and overwrite image from live stream continously and want to display in server.

Thanks,
NBK

Return to posts index

Michael Rampe
on Jun 7, 2010 at 7:18:41 am

I cannot think of a way to do what you need within FFmpeg but it could be easily solved writing a shell script.

The command that produces the single frame takes less than a second on my setup. Seeing that you have specified the rate to be 1fps for pulling the frames, you could write a script that calls the same command from FFmpeg every second overwriting the previous frame and thus producing the desired result.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]