FORUMS: list search recent posts

issues converting sequential images to video

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Jeong
issues converting sequential images to video
on Jun 13, 2011 at 3:28:23 pm

I'm running Ubuntu (Maverick) and decided I'd try and switch my timelapse operation from mencoder to ffmpeg, but I'm unable to get the ffmpeg to accept the sequential images. What I'm using I pulled directly from the FAQ (http://www.ffmpeg.org/faq.html) and ffmpeg is returning the error "No such file or directory."

I'm running the following command from the FAQ with 1 change, that of %05d rather then %03d as I have more then 999 files.

x=1; for i in *jpg; do counter=$(printf %05d $x); ln -s "$i" /tmp/img"$counter".jpg; x=$(($x+1)); done
ffmpeg -f image2 -i /tmp/img%05d.jpg /tmp/a.mpg

the linking command works fine, and ls /tmp/*jpg shows the sequentially marked img files however ffmpeg returns:

$ ffmpeg -f image2 -i /tmp/img%05d.jpg /tmp/a.mpg
FFmpeg version 0.6-4:0.6-2ubuntu6.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
built on Mar 31 2011 18:43:47 with gcc 4.4.5
configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu6.1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
WARNING: library configuration mismatch
libavutil configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu3.1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
libavcodec configuration: --extra-version=4:0.6-2ubuntu3.1 --prefix=/usr --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-vdpau --enable-bzlib --enable-libdirac --enable-libgsm --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-vaapi --enable-pthreads --enable-zlib --enable-libvpx --disable-stripping --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-librtmp --enable-libdc1394 --enable-shared --disable-static
libavutil 50.15. 1 / 50.15. 1
libavcodec 52.72. 2 / 52.72. 2
libavformat 52.64. 2 / 52.64. 2
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libavfilter 1.19. 0 / 1.19. 0
libswscale 0.11. 0 / 0.11. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
/tmp/img%05d.jpg: No such file or directory

Any notion as to why it's not accepting the sequential files?

Many thanks,
Rich

Return to posts index

Michael Rampe
Re: issues converting sequential images to video
on Jul 4, 2011 at 11:04:00 pm

[Richard Jeong] "Any notion as to why it's not accepting the sequential files?"

Not sure. I tried to replicate the issue and your line "ffmpeg -f image2 -i /tmp/img%05d.jpg /tmp/a.mpg" worked fine for me.

Maybe try an update.... Not sure what else to offer as I cannot replicate.

Michael

Return to posts index

Richard Jeong
Re: issues converting sequential images to video
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:10:32 am

I resolved it sort of, instead of doing the link to /tmp I just created a bunch of links to lowercase .jpg files in the same directory as the originals and it works. Not the perfect answer as it would be nice to know why it balks at links in other directories, but this work around seems to be okay.

This is what I'm using and what works.

x=0; for i in $(ls -r -t *JPG); do counter=$(printf %05d $x); ln -s "$i" "$counter".jpg; x=$(($x+1)); done

ffmpeg -i %05d.jpg -r 30 -s 1440x1080 -acodec libfaac -aq 100 -vcodec libx264 -preset medium -tune animation -profile baseline -level 3.0 -crf 30 -threads 0 -vf "movie=watermarkpng.png [watermark]; [in][watermark] overlay=main_w-overlay_w-10:main_h-overlay_h-10 [out]" outputfilename.mp4

rm *.jpg

Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]