FORUMS: list search recent posts

FFMPEG - SMOKE LINUX / Redhat - Activation of a Library

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Lowden
FFMPEG - SMOKE LINUX / Redhat - Activation of a Library
on May 26, 2011 at 9:31:52 am

Hello
Following the advise described below, I am trying to activate the zlib on a Smoke Linux so that I can export QT PNG files. I am a total NEWBY to UNIX and my terminal knowledge is very limited.
Therefore I was wondering if anyone could walk me through the commands needed to enable the zlib.

Below are the instructions I received plus a confirmation of what is installed on the machine.

Many thanks in advance

------------------------
ACTIVATING QT PNG EXPORT IN SMOKE LINUX

While you can edit the presets via the xml, you would also need to rebuild ffmpeg to support png.
Unfortunately, performing this isn’t very “operator-friendly”, although I know some more tech-savvy users have built ffmpeg (and dependencies) to support wmv. 
for png support, you need to enable zlib when you configure ffmpeg. (zlib is a compression library)
this is not enabled in the autodesk build.

If you do build your own, in the presets xml, vcodec is png (not qtpng). Since the extension is mov, it will create a mov file using PNG image codec. I’m not sure why, but in my quick test, the MOV (PNG codec) file created inside flame/smoke is about 30 percent smaller in size compared to one I generated using WTC. (same bitdepth)

The ffmpeg command that WTC uses in in /var/www/cgi-bin/WiretapCentral/

To see the formats it supports

/var/www/cgi-bin/WiretapCentral/ffmpeg -formats

To see the build configuration

/var/www/cgi-bin/WiretapCentral/ffmpeg -L

cheers
Jason
Author: jason yee

Here is a list of the installed services:

root@smoke ~]# /var/www/cgi-bin/WiretapCentral/ffmpeg -L

FFmpeg version SVN-r17733, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --prefix=/vobs/thirdParty/ffmpeg/tmp --extra-cflags=-DHAVE_LRINTF --extra-cflags=-I/vobs/thirdParty/lame/include --extra-ldflags=-L/vobs/thirdParty/lame/lib/Linux_2_6_i686/static --extra-cflags=-I/vobs/thirdParty/xvidcore/include --extra-ldflags=-L/vobs/thirdParty/xvidcore/lib/Linux_2_6_i686/static --extra-cflags=-I/vobs/thirdParty/x264/include --extra-ldflags=-L/vobs/thirdParty/x264/lib/Linux_2_6_i686/static --extra-cflags=-I/vobs/thirdParty/faac/include --extra-ldflags=-L/vobs/thirdParty/faac/lib/Linux_2_6_i686/static --disable-encoder=wmav1 --disable-decoder=wmav1 --disable-encoder=wmav2 --disable-decoder=wmav2 --disable-encoder=wmv1 --disable-decoder=wmv1 --disable-encoder=wmv2 --disable-decoder=wmv2 --disable-encoder=wmv3 --disable-decoder=wmv3 --disable-debug --disable-shared--enable-static --disable-mmx --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --disable-libfaad --enable-libfaac --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-pthreads --disable-altivec --disable-network --disable-zlib --disable-devices
libavutil 49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
libavcodec 52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0
libavformat 52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
built on Aug 5 2010 17:08:59, gcc: 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2)
FFmpeg is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

FFmpeg is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with FFmpeg; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]