FORUMS: list search recent posts

FFMpeg in Applet

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Muhar
FFMpeg in Applet
on May 5, 2011 at 5:05:39 am

Currently Im working on a Screencast Applet

I wanted to know what I have to do in order to prevent any legal issues in regard to FFMPEG.

So far I have gathered that I need to place the source on my server. Have a link to it, in my about section.

Currently I dont have access to linux, but I have compiled version for both Mac OSX and Window, do I need to go through my build options for each and explain what steps I took in building FFMPEG?

Also is there anything else I am missing?

One other issue, is when I finally do manage to get a build of FFMPEG for linux, do I need to keep a seperate copy of the source, in case its a different version?

Return to posts index

Michael Rampe
Re: FFMpeg in Applet
on May 5, 2011 at 6:04:55 am

[David Muhar] "I wanted to know what I have to do in order to prevent any legal issues in regard to FFMPEG."

Sorry David, I cannot offer any advice here as I am not a lawyer and would not want to offer anything misleading for both of our sakes. I suggest you read the LGPL carefully and ask the developers for any tips. If all else fails, I guess the best approach would be to consult a lawyer.

Michael

Return to posts index

David Muhar
Re: FFMpeg in Applet
on May 6, 2011 at 12:38:14 am

Thanks Michael, yeah I was hoping I could work this out with little effort. Sometimes you just hope things will be easy.

But, yeah your right. Ill spend a bit of time working out exactly what I need when I am ready with a polished version.

By any chance, is there a site that currently has recent static builds of FFMPeg on all 3 main operations systems (or at least linux 32 and 64) already built? This way at least i can get a consistant version to use.

Thanks again Michael for your time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]