FORUMS: list search recent posts

default settings for x264 and ffmpeg

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stan Juznitok
default settings for x264 and ffmpeg
on Mar 7, 2011 at 8:36:20 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to obtain the default parameter setting for ffmpeg when used for encoding with x264. For exmaple, if I encode a video using x264 and don't specify the target bitrate, it encodes the video usually around 200kps, so target of 200kbps is probably set somewhere by default. Is there a way to obtain some kind of a list of all defaults for ffmpeg+x264. I'm using the ffmpeg version for Windows.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Rampe
Re: default settings for x264 and ffmpeg
on Mar 8, 2011 at 4:48:52 am

[Stan Juznitok] "I was wondering if there is a way to obtain the default parameter setting for ffmpeg when used for encoding with x264. For exmaple, if I encode a video using x264 and don't specify the target bitrate, it encodes the video usually around 200kps, so target of 200kbps is probably set somewhere by default. Is there a way to obtain some kind of a list of all defaults for ffmpeg+x264."

$ man ffmpeg

Where applicable, defaults are listed next to the options.

eg.
"‘-b bitrate’

Set the video bitrate in bit/s (default = 200 kb/s). "

x264 is a library used by FFmpeg and not part of the trunk. Where the options are mapped, FFmpeg defaults should carry across. Where they are not, you might have to look at the x264 manual.

$ x264 -h

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]