FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardcoding Subs

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raphael Duffy
Hardcoding Subs
on May 20, 2016 at 12:53:41 pm

Hey everyone!
I don't know if this is the place to post this, but if not, could you please direct me to a good place?
I have been trying to hard code .ass subtitles into a video and have been successful but I don't really understand the -vf thing enough to do exactly what I want to do. I'll post my code, but be warned, I'm putting it into a batch file for automation, so that's what's up with all of %s.
"C:\Program Files\FFMpeg\bin\ffmpeg" -i %1 -i audio.ac3 -vcodec copy -map 0:v -acodec copy -map 1:a "%~d1\%~p1\%~n1 Subs Hardcoded.mp4"
This works fine, but it's just a step in my testing and doesn't actually involve the hard coding of subs.
"C:\Program Files\FFMpeg\bin\ffmpeg" -i %1 -i audio.ac3 -vf "subtitle=subtitle.ass" -acodec copy -map 1:a "%~d1\%~p1\%~n1 Subs Hardcoded.mp4"
Here it just outputs a video with only an audio track. I've tried rearranging things but it doesn't seem to have an effect and I can't find any information on it. :/

Also, when I wasn't using a separate audio track and had videos with hard coded subs, I wanted a higher quality setting, particularly on the subtitles themselves which seemed to have lots of artifacts in comparison to the source video on VLC with subtitles turned on(although I suspect that has to do with the filter VLC uses, and not the quality setting). Anyway, if it's possible and worthwhile, I'd still like to be able to configure the quality which I also haven't been able to figure out how to do. I've tried to use the -crf command and tried -q but I don't think it's done anything. When the video is encoding it still always says q=23 or something.

Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

Trust Helpful
Re: Hardcoding Subs
on Jul 4, 2016 at 12:57:23 pm

Hi,

Try iFFmpeg it is a ui for FFmpeg.

Trust

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]