FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pls assist me to convert lxf files for local broadcast/Thanks!

COW Forums : FFmpeg

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Pelley
Pls assist me to convert lxf files for local broadcast/Thanks!
on Dec 15, 2013 at 10:42:20 pm

Please help me convert .lxf files to a more mainstream, less restrictive & more usable format.

I have access to over a 100 commercial grade programs which are about 5 gigs apeice which makes it challenging to post one online as an example or for help purposes.

My need is to make them broadcastable on cable tv. FFMPEG is reported to be a viable option, however I have no knowledge of command lines, ability to create scripts or programming skills. It would be greatly appreciated and very meaningful personally to achieve this goal.

Accordingly, please, is there anyone who would be willing to mentor me and guide me along the path to success?

Desirable mainstream formats for output would include MPEG, MPEG-2 and MP4.

Please volunteer to assist and help me see this through.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Lou Logan
Re: Pls assist me to convert lxf files for local broadcast/Thanks!
on Dec 17, 2013 at 1:02:21 am

[Bruce Pelley] "
Please help me convert .lxf files to a more mainstream, less restrictive & more usable format."

You should show some information about these files. The complete ffmpeg console output will suffice assuming they are all similar:

ffmpeg -i an-example-input-file.lxf

[Bruce Pelley] "I have access to over a 100 commercial grade programs which are about 5 gigs apeice which makes it challenging to post one online as an example or for help purposes.

My need is to make them broadcastable on cable tv."

Are you trying to make videos for the web or for cable broadcast? Sounds like you're trying to do both.

[Bruce Pelley] "
Desirable mainstream formats for output would include MPEG, MPEG-2 and MP4."

You didn't provide much information here. We need more than just "MPEG, MPEG-2 and MP4". What exactly does the broadcaster require? What video, audio, and container formats do they want? Do they have any special restrictions? Why can you not just give them copies of the original files? ~500 gigs is not that much.

Return to posts index

Bruce Pelley
Re: Pls assist me to convert lxf files for local broadcast/Thanks!
on Jan 3, 2014 at 12:30:48 am
Last Edited By Bruce Pelley on Jan 3, 2014 at 12:31:15 am

Hi,

I'm back onto this quest. A belated Happy New Year.

I'm pretty sure that the original is HD, I just don't know yet what container/wrapper it had before ending up in this format.

Will inquire.

I want to have a HD master and by necessity will convert it to SD for broadcast on local cable which accepts files with MPEG-2 DVD spec.

Each file is about 5 gigs so I can't upload them online as examples or to be worked with/shared as part of the solution.

Unfortunately,knowing so little, how do I comply to submit the FFMPEG console output? Is there a GUI that you'd recommend?

Please remember I'm not a programmer or coder.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]