Segmentation Fault while adding subtitles (libass)
This is a rather specific problem, but I'm turning up little on how to troubleshoot it. I'm burning subtitles with libass in ffmpeg (latest build) on CentOS5.8, and I get a Fontconfig disabled warning, and a segmentation fault on the first frame (result is one broken frame). Here's the command and output:
I've tried adding an environment variable:
But same result. I did not have this issue with version 1.0 on OSX using the same files, it points toward something to do with the fontconfig warning, but haven't found a way to resolve it since the env variable didn't work. Tried also with other output fomats ie .mp4 (video encoders) and no difference.
I solved this error (with help from Nicolas George on ffmpeg-users) by rebuilding libass with fontconfig enabled. It seems that the libass package in yum did not have it enabled which makes it pretty useless. You may also have to compile your own fontconfig depending on which version you build of libass, as the repo version is 2.4.1. My steps: