FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thanks to everyone at FSI

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donal O Kane
Thanks to everyone at FSI
on May 30, 2010 at 9:03:50 am

So last year I took the plunge and I bought, after reading glowing recommendations from the likes of Walt Biscardi, a LM 1760W.

I do freelance online editing and color correction with final cut pro and color and its all HDSDI via my trusty AJA io express (another great purchase).

It is first of all a fantastic monitor, great viewing angles etc ... but what I didn't know was the sort of company I had bought from.

I had an idea from some correspondence I had from Bram before purchasing, just some questions I had re calibration etc and PAL SD color space stuff answered so completely I had zero worries.

But last saturday I had a nightmare situation, my beautiful monitor when *plink* switched off and started to buzz. No response from it! I had a job to do and needed the monitor. I emailed support and didn't think I would hear from anyone until monday evening ... timezone differences, so what was 9 in the morning saturday here in Ireland was 3-4 in the morning saturday in California ... to my surprise less than an hour later I had a response from support with some suggestions and after a few more emails we had a diagnosis and a replacement part was shipped out to me. Few days later (it was international delivery after all .. and I did manage to get extra time for the job) and about an hour my monitor was taken apart, replacement part swapped in and all put back together and throw the Dr Frankenstein switch it was alive!

So mainly this post is to thank FSI and their support staff for their quick and knowledgeable response to a disaster in the making and to highly recommend this company and their products to any one thinking of making a purchase.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]