FORUMS: list search recent posts

Routing Stills Monitor to Video Village.

COW Forums : Flanders Scientific

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Soriero
Routing Stills Monitor to Video Village.
on Nov 5, 2015 at 11:42:06 am

Hello,

So I will be on a set that is running both video and stills (I'm handling the stills portion through Capture1) The photographer is requesting that I would be able to run the second Stills Monitor to the Video Village so we can toggle between video and stills for the client.

I have experience with setting up a second viewer monitor for Art Directors on still sets but have never needed to route it to a monitor that would be shared by another computer for video playback.

Is it just a matter of setting up the display in System Pref under displays or does it become more complicated as another computer will be sharing this second monitor.

If anyone had any information on this that would be great. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Richard Mazikowski
Re: Routing Stills Monitor to Video Village.
on Dec 30, 2015 at 9:07:18 pm

If you use a second input on the destination monitor and allow them to just toggle between the two it should work fine. From your computer you will have to set up the additional monitor as an additional monitor. If that monitor is using serial digital instead or a tradition computer monitor output as its' input, then you may need an additional card in your computer for output.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]